Same shit, different blog.

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Nerd stuff

This is where I store all the links that might be useful to the running of websites. Some of them may be useful to you. At the moment I can't save favourites on my PC, so I store a lot of the nerdy links here. This also means I keep a copy of them when I format my hard drive.

Email
I have set up an emailing list, which sends attachments with the emails.
"Email is a very inefficient way of transferring large files; especially as encoding the files into a text email inflates the size somewhat." (from here).

  • Hotmail ( www.hotmail.com ) "the file size limit for Hotmail users is 500Kb - the whole message must be less than 1Mb" (from Using Hotmail).
  • Gmail ( gmail.google.com ) has a limit of 10MB, which is big enough for most files. Does anyone want an invite?
  • Walla ( www.walla.com ) I don't think has a limit. This will be looked into. It allows easily set up mailing lists too.
  • SpyMac ( www.spymac.com ) "the total encoded size of the email message you are sending cannot exceed 25 MB".
  • Rediff ( www.rediff.com ) has a 10MB limit.
  • Runbox ( www.runbox.com ) allows attachments, don't know if there's a limit.
  • YouSendIt ( yousendit.com ) has a 1 GB limit.

Do you know the size limits of the attachments for your email address?
If you do, can you email me.


IP check
www.pcmesh.com/ip-check.shtml will tell you what your IP is.

Tags: resources internet technical